This policy provides you with information about:
- how we use your data;
- what personal data we collect;
- how we ensure your privacy is maintained; and
- your legal rights relating to your personal data.
HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
Rebus Creative uses your personal data:
- to provide goods and services to you;
- to verify your identity;
- with your agreement, to contact you electronically about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you;
- to enable Rebus Creative to manage customer service interactions with you; and
- where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
Rebus Creative uses your personal data for electronic marketing purposes (with your consent) and may send you postal mail to update you on the latest Rebus Creative offers.
Rebus Creative aims to update you about products & services which are of interest and relevance to you as an individual.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time, by:
1. making use of the simple “unsubscribe” link in emails; and/or
2. contacting Rebus Creative via the contact channels set out in this Policy.
Sharing data with third parties
Rebus Creative will not disclose your personal data to any third party. We will never sell or rent our customer data to other organisations for marketing purposes.
We may share your data with:
- governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so: -
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- to exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases);
- for the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders; and
- for the protection of our employees and customers.
How long do we keep your data?
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of data, however the longest we will normally hold any personal data is 6 years.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
Rebus Creative may collect the following information about you:
- your name;
- your contact details: postal address including billing, telephone numbers and e-mail address;
- your on-line browsing activities on Rebus Creative websites;
- your password(s);
- when you create an email marketing account using RebusMailer (our secure, online email marketing platform), your payment card details;
- your communication and marketing preferences;
- your location;
- your correspondence and communications with Rebus Creative; and
- other publicly available personal data, including any which you have shared via a public platform (such as a Twitter feed or public Facebook page).
Our websites are not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
This list is not exhaustive and, in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this Policy. Some of the above personal data is collected directly, for example when you complete a form on our websites, or send an email to a member of our team. Other personal data is collected indirectly, for example your browsing activity. We may also collect personal data from third parties who have your consent to pass your details to us, or from publicly available sources.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
Rebus Creative is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure.
Our security measures include: -
- encryption of data;
- security controls which protect the entire Rebus Creative IT infrastructure from external attack and unauthorised access; and
- internal policies setting out our data security approach and training for employees.
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP PROTECT YOUR DATA
Rebus Creative will never ask you to confirm any bank account or credit card details via email. If you receive an email claiming to be from Rebus Creative asking you to do so, please ignore it and do not respond.
If you are using a computing device in a public location to access your RebusMailer (secure email marketing platform) account, we recommend that you always log out and close the website browser when you complete an online session.
In addition, we recommend that you take the following security measures to enhance your online safety both in relation to Rebus Creative and more generally: -
- keep your account passwords private. Remember, anybody who knows your password may access your account.
- when creating a password, use at least 8 characters. A combination of letters and numbers is best. Do not use dictionary words, your name, email address, or other personal data that can be easily obtained. We also recommend that you frequently change your password. You can do this accessing your account, clicking ‘your account’, clicking ‘your data’ and selecting ‘change password’.
- avoid using the same password for multiple online accounts.
You have the following rights:
- the right to ask for a copy of personal data that we hold about you (the right of access);
- the right (in certain circumstances) to request that we delete personal data held on you; where we no longer have any legal reason to retain it (the right of erasure or to be forgotten);
- the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you (the right of rectification);
- the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you and to object to us using / holding your personal data if we have no legitimate reasons to do so (the right to object);
- the right (in certain circumstances) to ask us to ‘restrict processing of data’; which means that we would need to secure and retain the data for your benefit but not otherwise use it (the right to restrict processing); and
- the right (in certain circumstances) to ask us to supply you with some of the personal data we hold about you in a structured machine-readable format and/or to provide a copy of the data in such a format to another organisation (the right to data portability).
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details set out below.
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
Rebus Creative has appointed a Data Protection Officer to ensure we protect the personal data of our customers (and others) and comply with data protection legislation.
If you have any questions about how Rebus Creative uses your personal data that are not answered here, or if you want to exercise your rights regarding your personal data, please contact our Data Protection Officer’s team by
- phone: 0114 275 2130;
- e-mail: email@example.com or
- write to: Data Protection Officer, Rebus Creative, 34 Handsworth Grange Crescent, Sheffield S13 9HB
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further information, including contact details, is available at https://ico.org.uk.
This policy was last updated in May 2018.
This website and its content are copyright of Rebus Creative Solutions Ltd - © Rebus Creative Solutions Ltd 2018. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited unless we have given our express written permission.